Ready for an imperfection brain teaser? 🤔 You know the old saying, “Art imitates life”? Well, as recovering perfectionists, we know that life is imperfect. And as imperfect beings, we create imperfect art imperfectly. And that imperfection is an art in itself.
So, how do we learn the art of embracing our imperfections, in life and in art? According to today’s guest, artist Erica Lockwell, community is key. Letting go of perfectionism in all areas of our lives, from our work to our relationships, gets a whole lot easier when we have a safe and loving space around us filled with people who care for and support us...kinda like this community right here, the Eff Perfect fam.
HERE'S A SNEAK PEEK OF THE GOODNESS…
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE…
- The importance of owning our perfectionist identities, especially when we’re doing things imperfectly
- All about the phenomena of procrasti-cleaning, procrasti-baking, and other ways we get stuck in the creative process
- The black and white trap of perfectionism and the benefits of embracing allllllll the gray areas
- Creating a safe space where you can share yourself, your work, and your art freely
- How to move forward with controversial art, projects, and choices when you’re a people-pleaser
Erica Lockwell of Our Back Pockets
Quick heads up: Affiliate links are used on this site. We only talk about things we use, love, and would recommend whether we were affiliates or not. To support this space, we may receive a commission from some of the links above.
Share the Eff Perfect love with a fellow perfectionist, procrastinator, or people pleaser by hitting those buttons on the right, babe!
And because we’re in this together, be sure to take the Eff Perfect Pledge.