Ever feel like you’re gripping the steering wheel of life just a liiiiiiitle too tightly? Have others described you as high strung, type A, or overcontrolled? You know, like a perfectionist? Are we the only ones with our hands raised here?? 🙋🙋
In today’s episode, we explore the symbiotic relationship between perfectionism and control -- what drives our desire for control, what we’re trying to avoid, and what we can do when our pursuit of control becomes a hindrance in our lives. We also examine ways to release control, learn to let go, and soften into acceptance. If less running on the hamster wheel and more embracing of simplicity + peace sound good to you, press play now.
HERE'S A SNEAK PEEK OF THE GOODNESS…
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE…
- The relationship between perfectionism and control
- Ashley’s 3 P’s of control and what drives them
- Signs we might be trying to overcontrol things in our lives -- and the most common ways we try to exert control
- When control can be helpful and when it becomes a hindrance
- What we can gain from letting go or softening into acceptance
The Desire Map book by Danielle LaPorte
Quick heads up: Affiliate links are used on this site. We only talk about things we use, love, and would recommend whether we were affiliates or not. To support this space, we may receive a commission from some of the links above.
Share the Eff Perfect love with a fellow perfectionist, procrastinator, or people pleaser by hitting those buttons on the right, babe!
And because we’re in this together, be sure to take the Eff Perfect Pledge.